OUR FOUNDER

This site is dedicated to the most humane work of Ms Louise Lynip who founded the children's home and until the 4th July 2006 at the age of 94 continued to participate in it's management. The home cares for orphaned and abandoned children and offers love, security and
an opportunity to be brought up in a christian environment.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

People Connected With Bethany

Originally posted 5 October 2006

I asked members of our Bethany web site if they would give a little insight in to their particular interest in the home and it's people past and present
The idea behind my request is to bring those of us interested in Bethany closer together no matter where in the world we live.
Please if you read this journal feel free to add your comments or e-mail me at jcjimc@aol.com or contribute to my journal however you wish.

Story 1

Hmmm... my connection to Bethany...

I'm Tina (McLean) Moser.
I have two brothers from Bethany. They are PRECIOUS to me! I cannot imagine our lives without them! It's fun to know that God planned them FOR US! :o)

My parents are John and Lisa McLean, who have been very involved with Bethany for many years. I have grown up LOVING Bethany and Lola Mom.

One of my very favorite memories of Lola Mom is of one of the times when she was here in the states, staying at our house, in my room, actually, and my husband and I had only recently met. She was a great encouragement and champion. As a matter of fact, she was at our house the very first time he ever came over!

While I was not one of Bethany's orphans, Lola Mom made sure I knew she loved me. She often called me one of her children and there was something sweet and comfortable about that. Several times, she came to me with Scripture that God had laid on her heart to share with me... and I KNEW these things were from God, because they were ALWAYS bits of manna that I needed for those very moments. In her update letters, she always included a special note, just for me and Charles. Whether it was only a sentence or several paragraphs, she always let us know that we were in her thoughts, an honor, considering all she had to think of and tend to.

When I think of God's faithfulness, I often think of Lola Mom. I think of her Meuller-like prayer for provision when she was in school. I think of the nickel that God gave her. I think of so many wonderful things.

Her life is certainly a testimony to God's faithfulness. Lola Mom was human, and fallible, just like the rest of us. She knew, though, who sustained her every breath and her hope was in Him.

~Tina

No comments: