OUR FOUNDER

This site is dedicated to the most humane work of Ms Louise Lynip who founded the children's home and until the 4th July 2006 at the age of 94 continued to participate in it's management. The home cares for orphaned and abandoned children and offers love, security and
an opportunity to be brought up in a christian environment.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Visitor returns To Bethany

Originally posted 15 November 2007

In August I was contacted by a gentleman from Australia called Mr Michael Read who had read the Mindanao Blog www.mindanao.com and the owner of the blog Bob Martin asked him to contact me direct.
Mr Read was interested in what he had read about Bethany and asked me if he could help in any way . Of course Bethany can always use assistance and I arranged for him on his next visit to the Philippines to visit Bethany.
Mr Read was met at Lumbia by Greg and taken to Bethany where he stayed for two weeks and assisted the staff with building maintenance etc. On leaving Mr Read indicated he wished to return and give some more help in the future.
The original reason for Mr Read visiting the Philippines was to spend some time with his fiancée who is a Professor of Chemical Engineering at MSU Marawi . Mr Read will be returning to the Philippines on the 20th November and has informed me that he will be married to his fiancée at Bethany Church on the 22nd December.
I’m so pleased for Mr Read and his fiancée Noreen and I would have loved to have been there to see him married but I’m sure that you along with Marilou and me will wish them every happiness for the future and take this opportunity also to thank him for his kind offer of assistance to Bethany.

No comments: